The Electrical Safety Office (Queensland) has launched a new film Forever young - Tim's story. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiXxnLWTdmo
The film focuses on the heart-wrenching experiences of Bill Martin, whose son Tim died at the age of 17 after he received an electric shock at work.
Share the film with your workmates to help raise awareness of the importance of workplace and electrical safety.
At the time of the incident, Tim was an electrical apprentice working on signage from an elevating work platform. The platform came too close to high voltage power lines, and a massive electrical current arced across the gap.
"I just hope no other parent has to walk in and find what I found that day. My beautiful boy was not a beautiful boy. He was devastated," said Bill.
"At the time of Tim's death he was seventeen and four months old. He didn't get to eighteen and will never get to eighteen."